The Legal Examiner Mark The Legal Examiner Mark The Legal Examiner Mark search twitter facebook feed linkedin instagram google-plus avvo phone envelope checkmark mail-reply spinner error close
Skip to main content

A television fell on a two-year-old child Wednesday night, causing traumatic brain injury. The child was flown to Children’s Hospital in Cincinnati.

The child’s condition is not known at this time.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) listed tipping furniture as one of the top five hidden home dangers in 2007. According to the agency, there were 31 deaths in 2006 related to tipping furniture, including televisions and ranges.

In 2005, an estimated 2,600 children under the age of 5 were treated in emergency rooms for injuries associated with tipping-televisions.

Tragic accidents such as these remind us to ensure our television sets and entertainment centers are secure and not sitting top-heavy to avoid serious injuries to small children.

Comments are closed.

Of Interest